TSB for rear glass on '09 KK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jon153

Reaction score
Trying to find out if anybody else is having a problem with their rear glass? Mine leaks sometimes. Usually the water runs down the inside of the rear glass in the center and runs into the lock mechanism. The dealer told me that there is no TSB for it but I could have sworn that I have seen one somewhere that calls for a weatherstrip to be installed on the glass at the top. Does anybody know what that TSB is?
My girlfriend also has an '09 KK and hers is worse. She gets puddles of water on her cargo cover. Water masters could not duplicate the problem at the dealership so they wouldn't do anything about it.
If anybody knows anything it would be a big help.
Thanks

Jon153

Reaction score
Thanks

I sent the PDF to the dealership so hopefully they will do something for it. I located one for 2008 Liberty's as well. It would seem that if you have the same problem for 2008 and 2010 model years that you would include 2009 models. I don't have to worry about my girlfriend's Liberty anymore though, she bought a brand new 4-door Wrangler today. Now if I can just get my Liberty to stop leaking....

Ted15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem but there was no TSB for my vin so they kept ****** around with it. Worked out well for me though, since it was so new I was able to get compensated for my trouble. The leak guy put a gutter looking strip on the top of the glass and a new flipper glass seal but it was the old style seal. The new one is thicker or more dense because it takes more force to shut the glass on the newer models. Next time you're at the dealer, look at the new model year liberty, that part is on them now. I'll try to find the link, I think it's over on lost.