TSB 18-005-03 shift related stumble and cuts off ck pcm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Got it back from the dealer. The issue with the stalling was not the power steering, but there is a TSB out to re-program the PCM (obviously there are others out there with the problem if there is a TSB on it). Here's what is stated on my invoice:

"Cutsomer states when in a parking space and backing out putting it into drive steering locks and it will stop dead in it's tracks and engine cuts off....at times. Found TSB 18-005-03 describes shift related stumble and cuts off ck pcm can be updated. Flashed pcm and retested no cut off"

So there ya have it. If you are experiencing any stalling, go to the dealer (if you have access to other sites to pull TSB's that might help) and have them re program the PCM.

I can say that having the tires balanced also got rid of the bouncing (i remember somebody else talking about that on here). As for the alignment, i'm hoping it will straighten it self back out. I had to have the wheel turned slightly to the left in order to drive straight on the way home. If I turned the wheel straight the car went to the right, so we'll see.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Great, that means I have to go to the damn stealership...sheeeeeez
oh well....

thanks for the info...much obliged

Latest posts

Members online