Tri-Link

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Get a Mopar one WAY better
That one is a chaper version and the bushings do not hold up as well
Went through one in about 5 months ( from Morris 4x4 ) but same one I think and same price
Morris 4x4 now offers a light version like the one you mentioned and a heavy duty which is the Mopar one

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a Mopar one WAY better
That one is a chaper version and the bushings do not hold up as well
Went through one in about 5 months ( from Morris 4x4 ) but same one I think and same price
Morris 4x4 now offers a light version like the one you mentioned and a heavy duty which is the Mopar one

Thank you. I'll look for that instead. :happy160:

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. Ok for $430 for the tri-link, I better make sure that's what I need. Can someone please verify this for me who's replaced theirs? Every time I shift gears, the front of the rear diff lifts up and I can hear/feel a clunk coming from the rear. If I ease my foot off the clutch real slowly, it's not as noticeable. When I shift without the clutch, it's not very noticeable either. Does this sound like the tri-link or should I be looking somewhere else?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Check the LCAs as well if they have not been replaced this will give you some slop.
BUT
more than likely is the tri-link
yes sort of expensive but well worth going with it from experience
also check around I have seen them for less but can't remember where right now

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the LCA's are new. And this has been happening before and after I got those replaced. Thank you again for your help. Gonna try to find a cheaper one, but definitely gonna go with mopar.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the LCA's are new. And this has been happening before and after I got those replaced. Thank you again for your help. Gonna try to find a cheaper one, but definitely gonna go with mopar.

if you find one let me know. I'm in the same boat. I get a clunk when flexing a bit. $430 is crazy for that.

Could a shop press in new bushings and a new balljoint for cheaper?

^^been covered before?, but what about now?

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow
Near $450 for basically an upper link in a Tri-link
set up
If I had an old one and some new bushings I could fab
up one with adjustable ends ,at the unibody side
and still be ahead

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
They are adjustable
I had one and sold it, I wouldn't want to run with it on

I have 4 old ones here now, someday when I have time , cut two of them up, some welding and be done

libertybob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trilinks

Trilinks are susceptible to rust so if you live in an area with salt on roads, your trilink may be weakened so that ball joint and bushings can't be replaced. if anyone is interested in a salvage yard replacement from the South with good ball joint and bushings, send me a PM and I shall look in the Atlanta yards. I used to live in Connecticut and upstate New York so know what rust is all about!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 11 tri-links piled up now and would never replace the bushings or ball joint in any of them. Have found a couple of pretty good looking ones that came on 4.10 rear diffs, but for the money I'll go a different route

jrsavoie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
eVERYBODY RECOMMENDS the Chrysler and says the after market parts are crap. But I haven't heard anybody mention Moog for this application. Good or bad. Kind of surprising to me.

Moog is usually a good go to brand for suspension parts.

I'd feel better ordering if somebody had actual experience with them.

You would think somebody would have posted good or bad about this Moog part somewhere along the line. I'll look for a couple more minutes and then I am ordering. LOL
MOOG RK621376 Includes Ball Joint R-Series $134.38

Last edited:

ouroboros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced mine with a Moog not too long ago, maybe a month and a half. I can't really comment on longevity or how well it's held up to abuse (Only taken one trip up north on it) but so far so good. I did get a better price on mine though, lets just say I spent about $100 total having one of my techs install it for me :party52:

ouroboros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW Rock Auto has a better deal on that Moog control arm. You should just go through them and save close to $30.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
eVERYBODY RECOMMENDS the Chrysler and says the after market parts are crap. But I haven't heard anybody mention Moog for this application. Good or bad. Kind of surprising to me.

Moog is usually a good got to brand for suspension parts.

I'd feel better ordering if somebody had actual experience with them.

You would think somebody would have posted good or bad about this part somewhere along the line. I'll look for a couple more minutes and then I am ordering. LOL
MOOG RK621376 Includes Ball Joint R-Series $134.38

Moogs included in the aftermarket

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All MOOG has a lifetime warranty. I'd buy local to avoid the hassle should it ever need replaced.

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Love those lifetime warranty parts, after a while though it gets old replacing them