tri-link install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daedaestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does anyone have a "how to" thread on replacing the tri-link ball joint? and should i or do i need to replace the rest of the bushings (tri-link & lower trailing arms) when i replace the ball joint?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have only done 4 so far ( on different KJs of course) but all I just replaced the whole tri link, almost as cheap I think and easy to swap one out. By the time you press out the old ones, press the new ones in etc. its cheaper for me that way.
For example a new one at AutoPartsWarehouse is 181 bucks, the bushings for the end are something like 25-30 each and I forget what the ball joint is so.....
2 bolts and the bolt holding the ball joint and you're going down the road in a few

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Here is a good link for tri-link includes new BJ etc for $157+shipping.
The 3 BJ are listed as well, but as mentioned, just easier to install complete unit.http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-steering-parts/liberty-kj.htm

Most of the time the center BJ is bad, and while you are there, you should also consider inspecting the lower control arm (rear) bushings. If there is no cracks in bushing fill in the slots with windshield or roofing Urethane read link on this.
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46393&highlight=lower+control+arms
Best of Luck!:party52:

daedaestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks! thats the price and the parts im looking for! now i jus need to find the funds! lol kopkrab.gif

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
thanks! thats the price and the parts im looking for! now i jus need to find the funds! lol kopkrab.gif

I make 200 every Friday evening standing down at the main road at the stop light.
If you'd like to try it I have a sign that I use, you can copy if you like, it reads;

" Donate money
or
I'll remove my clothes"

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.