Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Jeep Liberty limited 3.7L 4x4 with the 42rle trans in it. Now I just replaced the trans it with a used one. The problem I’m having is it seems to stuck in second gear. The codes are po700 and po750. Now I did replace oil and filter on used trans. I did hear about a ****** relearn program that might have to be done. The vehicle did sit for a couple months with no power. I did do a little research on it and what I’m seeing is the shift solenoid might have to be replaced or this relearn program might have to be done. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome.
Is there any warranty with the used 42RLE you purchased?
Did you use ATF+4 transmission fluid with the new filter?
For a quick re learn, take off both battery terminals & tape or bolt them together for 40 minutes, and then reconnect to the battery, positive first, negative last.

Reaction score
Welcome.
For a quick re learn, take off both battery terminals & tape or bolt them together for 40 minutes, and then reconnect to the battery, positive first, negative last.
I have a 30 day warranty on it. Was just out there cleaning all the contacts on the connector plugs and the only difference that made is a new code. No DTC definition found, see service manual the code was 41. Still have codes po700 and po750 also.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
That is good news & I hope the next one works perfectly for you.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome.
That does not perform an actual relearn, that simply resets the adaptives. An actual relearn forces the computer to learn/measure the CVI of the new trans. Required to be done whenever the trans or the PCM/TCM is replaced. Requires a scan tool capable of initiating it (i.e. DRBIII, Starscan ,etc).

Reaction score
That is good news & I hope the next one works perfectly for you.

well second trans. seems to working fine so far. Now just a few idiot lights to deal with, abs, and tpms light. Now just need to find a coder reader that’s affordable and works with mopar. I have a actron cp9670 that seems to only work on certain model years of mopar. Go figure? Called the company and all they said it should work.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
FSM has a relearn procedure that I haven't read yet. Alternative is a trip to the dealer computer. Maybe a transmission shop would have the right gadget and know-how.

CaptainDean on LOSTJEEPS has some info on an apple app and cable but that relates to the RFE transmission. Apples and oranges and... whatever else.

Latest posts

Members online