Transmission oil changes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a 2004 2.8 crd how often do you need to change the oil in the transmissiony bits n bobs(please note this is a technical phrase..not). Being new too four wheel drives i'm unsure is there oil in the axle ,transfer box ect.Thanks for your divine wisdom with this matter.

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a 2004 2.8 crd how often do you need to change the oil in the transmissiony bits n bobs(please note this is a technical phrase..not). Being new too four wheel drives i'm unsure is there oil in the axle ,transfer box ect.Thanks for your divine wisdom with this matter.

Unless you off road, paticularly in water and mud, or pull trailers a lot I would stick with what's in the manual.

I have a question back for you. Can you take a picture of your fuel filter head and post it or email it to me? We are trying to determine when Jeep eliminated the Racor filter head and went to the new one. We are experiencing air leaks in the new one and are trying to figure out if the change came with the 2.8 or with the '05 model year.

Thanks

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. This is the one on the 2.5. I couldn't snag on the current one.

Attachments

• Corps_filtre-large.jpg
    Corps_filtre-large.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 23

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, that's all I needed. Now we just need to figure out how they interfaced the fuel temp, fuel heater and the ECU.

We are experiencing a lot of fuel head filter problems over on this side of the pond with air leaks and fuel leaks. We knew the 2.5 used the filter shown but others in Europe and Australia with 2005 and 2006 2.8's had the same head as we did. At least one person has installed the Racor but there are some issues with the sensor connectors.

Knowing that the 2004 2.8 used this head is a real help. Thanks so very much.