Transmission issues. p0734,p0841,p0876

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tkenyon

Reaction score
Hey guys, been a few years. Surprised I actually remembered my password... My wife is still running her 03 Liberty sport, 2wd (142,000 miles). It's actually been doing really well, until this morning. She made it maybe 2 miles and turned on mil. Transmission won’t really go into gear unless you rev it up, and then it is pretty clunky to move. Top speed of 40, with allot of work to get it there. I was able to get it back home and ran my torqpro app on it. It is pulling the following codes, P0734, P0841, and P0876. Fluid is unburned, and in normal range. We have not noticed any slippage, lurching, or clunking of the ****** previously. It seems weird that this would happen literally overnight. I had to head in to work, so I have not really had anytime to play with it yet. It sounds like a fluid and filter change is something that people are starting with. I thought I saw a TSB out as well dealing with the pressure sensor. Any other “common” things I should look at or should I grab the torch and gas and put the jeep out to pasture….

Thanks many times in advance..

Tkenyon

Reaction score
Fixed

Fixed it. Issue was the oil cooler return filter "unscrewed" itself and was rolling around in the transmission pan. I cleaned everything up, installed new filters and refilled. Shifts great. Mil light took a few warm-up cycles to turn off. I guess it stores those codes as "volatile" and cannot be removed with a simple scanner. One issue I did run in to is that the "flat" filter from autozone did not fit properly. The large pick-up tube was about 1/4" too long. Not wanting to wait for dealer to open, I hacked the extra 1/4" off with a hacksaw and installed.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.