Transmission insertion is rough

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

musicaldoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'd like to have your opinion on the way my automatic transmission behaves.
I've noticed, on my MY 2007 CRD Limited that passing from R to P I can hear very often, with the glass down in the garage, a "STOCK" sound.
A similar sound and a small jump of the KJ can be achieved passing rapidly from R or D to N. If I wait a second befor inserting R or D from N everything is smooth, but if I pass rapidly through N I get the small jump with noise...........is it normal????

Thanx

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You had the same question setup in this forum and General KJ. I removed the one from General KJ forum.

As far as your question I think that is a normal noise. The shifting from R to D rapidly still goes through N. So if you go from R to N first you shouldn't hear the shfit, same goes with D to N. But pushing straight through N is going to make some noise.

musicaldoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for double 3d....thanks for the answer MoladoGuy. To be more precise, I've noticed that when I pass from R or D to N, I get a nice shake of the KJ as if something "connected under force" is instantly disconnected. Is that normal on the KJ? I don't remember such reaction on other brands automatic transmissions.

Latest posts

Members online