transfer case

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glenn carroll

Reaction score
Hi I replaced my transfer case but the neutral position sensor on the new one had a different electrical fitting so I put the old one on but now my dash says full time 4wd how do I fix that please

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
To me that sounds like it may have been a situation of the transfer case from a different Jeep/used? What year/ model of transfer case is now installed?
What year is your Jeep?
It may be a simple matter of installing a new KJ ? Mopar transfer case position switch, more information please.

glenn carroll

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
To me that sounds like it may have been a situation of the transfer case from a different Jeep/used? What year/ model of transfer case is now installed?
What year is your Jeep?
It may be a simple matter of installing a new KJ ? Mopar transfer case position switch, more information please.
It is a 2003 limited Cherokee don't know if the limited edition is a different one or not was identical transfer case just different wiring

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok so your gasoline AU cherokee jeep is a 2003 and the transfer case you installed is also from a gasoline powered 2003?
Automatic transmission in your jeep?