transfer case shifter bushing repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rigid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still working on my auction buy 06' ... after the sale the sob says " did I tell you " No you did not .This is the first time we have talked !
Sorry .. anyway he forgot to disclose that the cable to the transfer case was not hooked up on the case end. The cable is not broken but the center bushing area is out. I see some different repair kits on google.

My question is do any of you have any experience or recommendations on what works best and what positions do I need to have the lever in on the case when I try to get it hooked up ?

Thank you

rigid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a couple of these in the mail today. An extra for back up on the other two we have ! Did you lower the whole cable to press it in and if so how does the orange clip that hold the cable on the bracket release ? I messed with it for a while but could not get it into the loop. Got cold and frustrated because there is not muck room to work.
Thank you

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was able to snap it into the cable end without lowering the cable. It was a very tight fit but it went on. Then I used a long flat screwdriver to pop it onto the tcase lever. I'm sure it would help to lower the cable but I can't remember how the clip works. Maybe someone else will be able to describe how.

rigid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it in but had to go about it a little differently. Several times trying and could not get it pressed through the hole. Took the bolts off the bracket and dropped it to where I could get pliers on it . Snapped right in , bolted it up and it snapped on the shift lever. Works as it should . Thank you for the link to the part.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.