transfer case range position switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bpieper

Reaction score
I have a 09 liberty and am having some issues. I'll turn the car on and some service 4wd lights come on... Serv 4wd, 4wd, esp off, 4 low (no check engine light). I turn the car off and they go away. I had a buddy scan it and it came back with saying "range position switch". I went to the jeep dealer and said for my jeep they don't just sell the switch, I have to by the whole transfer case motor with part number 68023514AA ... At the dealer it's $500 ish. Does that sound right? Or can I actually just replace the switch just have to order it somewhere else. Thanks for the help.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Never heard of this one before.

What is the code that you're getting? Just out of curiosity. The reason why I'm asking is that I'm looking at the list of Chrysler OBD codes and I'm not seeing anything for "range position switch".

Last edited:

bpieper

Reaction score
I'm not sure of the code, my buddy works as an air force mechanic, so he has access to that insanely expensive scanner from snap on. He scanned it and that's all he told me. It's not throwing a check engine at all, just those lights I said before. It's still drives fine when the lights are on, just doesn't let me use 4wd, but if I turn the car off and then on the lights go off and I can use 4wd with no issues. It's very weird

bpieper

Reaction score
I ended up replacing the whole motor. Managed to find a used one with a warranty on eBay for $99 shipped. A lot better then the $500 the dealership wants.

Latest posts

Members online