****** issues....?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

talleybird_kk

Reaction score
I've got 38K on my KK...seems to shifting REALLY rough (automatic)....anyone else?? #-o I'm sure if I take it to the dealer, they will tell me they can't find anything wrong...I don't have time for that.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Take it in,get trany flush,get the warranty,flog it like a red headed step child.

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My trans was doing the same thing when my 08 was new. Everytime it sat overnight, I would start it up, let it idle for 10-20 seconds, and then start driving. The first 1-2 shift was very harsh.
After that, the rest of the trip, no other hard shifts.
I called the Chrysler engineers for advice as to where to begin, since it was new, and had no DTC's stored.
They told me to go in with the WiTech and reset the variable line pressure counters and perform a quick learn. This resets the CVI(clutch volume index) stored in the TCM.
Since then, it shifts like a dream. The engineer I spoke with stated that this was a common condition with the 42RE trans.

My suggestion, if it is under warranty, is to take it in and have them reset the variable line counter and perform a quick learn. You may also want to have the filter and fluid changed while you are there as well.

Hope this helped.

Latest posts

Members online