TPMS Sensors and Trainng magnet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With thanks to boilermaker i have managed to get my hands on an evic with tpms and homelink

where can i order the training magnet

and what sensor should i use

i might be able to get a few sensors from the local dealer cheap

from 05/06/07 KJ's

will this work or do i have to order a specific wheel sensor

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year is the evic from? If its 05+ then you can get sensors cheap on ebay.. If its from a 02-04 libby, then the sensors will be hard to find and $$.

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
05+ sensors did not use a training magnet. and you must not have read my lengthy posts on EVICs, because there is not a single topic I have not covered by now. you got an 04 EVIC, with TPMS, meaning you need 04 sensors, which cost a lot more, PLUS the training magnet. ONLY 04 sensors will work. As taken from here you will need 5 of 52088990AC (US $65.60 each), 5 of 52088961AA (US $3.85 each), 5 of 5083124AA (US $2.60 each) and 1 of 52109664AA (US $18.95). Those are all MSRP and will cost you a lot more at a dealer, or a lot less if you buy them online (assuming they will even consider shipping them to you in AUS. If anything ship them to boilermaker and have him throw them in the EVIC before he sends it off to you. Best place to get them appears to be Wyckoff since they are selling the entire sensor assembly with retaining nut and cap for $42.95. Then just call and have them throw in the magnet, or buy it locally at the dealer. I would have recommended this auction, but it does not show the retaining nuts or stem caps in the pictures, so you will have to buy those, plus trust that the sensors are both working, and have decent battery life in them. Either way, 100 bucks, plus shipping, for 5 sensors without caps and nuts is still cheap enough to risk it.

You also are possibly going to need part #5072348AA to mount the EVIC into since it is no longer included after 04 model years, at least not in the US. Pull off your map lights and make sure you don't have one. US $25.45 MSRP if it's missing.

And while you're at it, you're going to need the rewiring I posted in this thread http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33452 albeit you may be calling on me to verify it for an 05 since that was an 06. edit: nevermind, thought you had an 05. Wiring should match up since they're both 04.

Previous threads:
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?p=314715#post314715
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32608
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32413

and a couple dozen more I don't feel like hunting down. I think that covers everything though

Last edited:

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have already installed an OTIS from a 2005 Dodge ram so hook up is all ok

wykoff i have used before , i will just have to work out if its a 4 or a 5 sensor readout

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fairly sure its a 4 sensor read-out. I know you need all 5 sensors to train with the 04Evic since you must train all 5 at the same time, but idk how the 05+ works since it trains itself.

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where can i order the training magnet
You can use any magnet provided its strong enough...i started using the stock speakers once i took them out (its about all they are good for).

Jeepster is right about the readout and training (i have the same module as you are getting). I wasn't able to complete the training until i had sensors.

I know this next bit of info doesn't do you much immediate good, but LKQ does put the correct sensors up for auction occasionally on ebay. How they are listed and price varies widely. I picked up 4 sensors and retaining nuts for $59+7 shipping. There are 5 on now for $99, but since they wouldn't ship the evic internationally, i doubt they would the sensors. I've also purchased items wyckoff, good customer service.

musicaldoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you help me understand which tipe of Evic do we have on MY2007 Limited sold in Europe???

I do have an EVIC (pixels and words on buttons) without homelink and I do have sensors on each wheel, becouse I have had a LOW PRESSURE alarm for the spare tire.
But all I have as alarm is the low pressure cluster in the instrument panel with a chime sounding.
No alert can be read on the EVIC.

Is there a way to have the exact pressure displayed on the EVIC without changing mine?
If I have to change the EVIC, which one do I have to search?
Do I have to ghange the sensors too or they are capable to read the exact pressure?

Thanx

myjeepwalks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have already installed an OTIS from a 2005 Dodge ram so hook up is all ok

wykoff i have used before , i will just have to work out if its a 4 or a 5 sensor readout

wykoff is good i ordered all my tpms sensors from them. thought mine was a 4 sensor, went to train them and it said i needed to do the spare too. I ordered the magnet too it was only like $8-$10.

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i got 5 from ebay for 65 bucks tested before shipping

i just gotta wait for the boat to arrive now

anything special about the caps i need to know

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey! I was going to buy those!!! The were at $40 something and I was hoping they wouldnt go up.

Im glad I didnt get them or I would of had enough money for new rims!

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there any way to turn off the 5th wheel sensor to only detect 4 rims on the tpms , it looks like i have a dodgy sensor

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there any way to turn off the 5th wheel sensor on the EVIC so it only detect 4 rims it looks like i have a broken sensor :( so it cant complete the training)

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no, you must have all 5 to train. You could go to a parking lot and find a liberty with the same sensors you have and train them with one of those. Just use the sensor on the other Jeep for the spare tire.

A dealership works great.

Shouldnt the guy that sold them send you another?

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats a bugger

no other kj's have this syst in Aus

i will have to wait and see what they say i have sent them an email

Latest posts

Members online