Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeper4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody ever tow with these? How would you think they do towing a Jeep on a trailer? With either the 4.7L or Hemi?

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I once towed most of an Astro van on a tow dolly with mine... was pretty easy. A friend of mine tows his built CJ on a trailer with his KJ on occasion too.

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a few Commanders at Rausch Creek on my wheeling trip last month. Two were towing buggys, the other was towing a built YJ. I didn't talk to them at all but all three were out of state plates so I assume they came from a pretty good distance away.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have towed a boat, utility trailer, and camper with no problems. Just locked out o/d except on flat highway.

Also, dolly towed a mustang from Pittsburgh PA to Renssalear NY on the interstate. Passed priuses and such...hehe

Dave

PS.this was with the KJ and not a commander

Last edited:

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
I've towed a 96 Ford Ranger with the KJ and it towed it like a pro! I would think that the XK would tow anything with no problem. I towed that Ranger like i was a full size truck.
You must be registered for see images attach

jeeper4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering, the woman doesn't like driving the truck when she has too and likes the commanders so I thought hmm I wonder how one would do towing the YJ or the KJ on a trailer..

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Just fine. Or an LR3 is about the same price, and they can tow a tad more (5.7 XK is 7200 IIRC, LR3 is 7700).

SETexasLibby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just towed about 300 miles with my KK and I had couches and a bedroom set on a trailer and I did fine so I think your XK should do great.

Members online

No members online now.