tow package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maine jeep Kk

Reaction score
Does the tow package on the kk's just consist of the hitch mount? And can I just get that added to my vehicle to tow the specs of 3500 to 5000 pounds versus the 2000 that is indicated for the model that is without the tow oh package? I have the brake assist option for hills , which I think might be standard, and the tow/4x4 neutral button which I also think is standard, just not the hitch mount and wiring. Is there anything else that comes with the tow package that I should now about? Thanks.

Last edited:

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel like etrailer is a good website for all your towing needs. Good info and good prices on good products

Maine jeep Kk

Reaction score
Thanks, that was helpful. I'm assuming then it's the crankcase or transmission cooling system that it makes the difference in towing capacity.

tomknight

Reaction score
It adds transmission, oil, and heavy duty engine cooling. I just towed about a 3500 lb trailer 450 miles, including crossing some mountains with no issues.

Edit: build sheet says power steering cooler too.

Well, except 10 mpg.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online