Tow Package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dnm45227

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just bought an '02 Liberty Ltd. I was told it had the tow package, but I don't see an intergrated receiver. Does the toe package simply mean that it has the trans cooler and pre-drilled holes for mounting a receiver?
By the way it has 42,000 on it, is there anything I should have checked out.

Thanks Kindly,
Doug

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could be mistaken, but I thought that the tow package included the receiver hitch as well as the other goodies.

jackie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added the ball myself but my tow package came with the hitch reciever and a 7pin adapter. Here is my rig towing a uhaul on my way to CA. It did a pretty nice job O:)

I hope you get some of your money back... if they said you had the "package" you should have the reciever.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that someone owes you an explanation and some money....I would seek out whoever told you that and get an explanation.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
2003KJ said:
If i'm not mistaken, don't you get the heavy duty engine fan too?

Yup, he gets that too. They did this for the 2002 model, since mines got both mechanical fan and an electric fan. Did Jeep continue doing this for the 2003 and up?

Bennett

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bennett, can u show me a pic of the mech fan and how it bolts up, ive never seen one, would i have to get a new pully on the water pump to bolt one on, or does it work with the one i have now? Would it work with my aux fan?

dnm45227

Reaction score
I'm not really going to hold the guys feet to the fire over it. I got it 4g below blue book value, and it looks like the tow package is only a fraction of that (besides I don't have anything to tow).
It looks like the only common issues with the Liberty (that I could find on sites like this, which is the best one so far) are the a/c coming on when you turn on the defroster and only recirculating on max, as well as some funny (not serious) trany noises be it clunks or whines.
Has anyone else heard of any other common problems? An example of what I'm looking for is when I searched about a heater core replacement on my '97 Pontiac Grand Am, I found that it's almost certain that if you own a GA your'e going to replace the heater core at some point.

Thanks for all the info so far,
Doug

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
The liberty is so new that it doesn't really have systematic problems showing up that I am aware of. My 2002 hasn't had any mechanical trouble what so ever yet (knock on wood).

jeepjeepster, I'll get you a picture, but it's gonna be hard to see, cause of the large fan shroud that covers it. I am not aware how hard or difficult it would be to add it, but I will look at it and let you know. But it basically makes oil changes a pain, since the extra large shroud cuts into your arm.

Bennett

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive got the bigger shroud, they put them on all the 04's, and yes it ***** to get to the filter, so to have the tow pack, thats all i would need is the hitch and the fan. and i dont care about the power steering cooler. and they also put the ****** cooler on all the 04's.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
sorry I forgot about the picture. Let me go take a look at it right now to see.

Bennett

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
These were the best pictures I could get.

You must be registered for see images

Bennett

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, thats great pics dude, so it looks like it would bolt right up to my pully. nice engine bay, i like all the stickers and the battery.

wait a sec, ur valve pan covers are silver. did u do that? they look awsome. mine are black.