torque specs for auto ****** pan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey there, i gotta take my kj back to the shop that did my full tune up because im leaking ****** fluid from the ****** pan. It seems they have overtightened it because i checked with a socket and you cant budge the thing. I looked up the specs myself but came up with nothing. does someone know the correct specs for the ****** pan bolts?

Thanks!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Install transmission oil pan (Fig. 139) with a bead of Mopart ATF RTV (MS-GF41). Torque oil pan to-case bolts to 20 N·m (14.5 ft. lbs.).

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted the torque specs for both auto trannys in your post over on LOST, but what Blake posted is correct for your 42RLE. For the 45RFE it lists 9 ft-lbs (11.8 N-m).

Good luck taking it back. Hopefully they didn't strip anything in the aluminum :mad:

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks guys. Is there any way to tell if its warped without having to refit it and lose more ****** fluid again if it is warped?

Last edited:

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably the easiest thing to do would be to wipe everything down, go around and loosen them one at a time, then torque them to the correct spec. That might relieve any minor warping. Check it in a day or two to see if it still leaks, if not you're good to go :D Oh, and going across the pan as you loosen and retighten would probably be best (like when you're tightening wheel lugs).