torque setting for locks on aluminum wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What should the lug nuts on the 16X7.0 lux alum silver wheels be torqued to? I purchased the Mopar wheel locks and the directions say to use the torque setting specified in the owner's manual. The only reference I can find in the owner's manual is "Correct wheel nut tightness is 130 Nm (95 ft. lbs)" (p. 304). Is 95 ft. lbs correct for the aluminum wheels as well as the base model steel wheels? I thought aluminum wheels required a higher torque specification.

Also, do I need to loosen all the nuts on each wheel to install the wheel locks in order to retighten them in the crisscross pattern, or can I just remove one nut per wheel and replace it with a lock torqued to the correct tightness?

Thanks in advance.

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nut Torque

I hate to see a potential important safety question like this go unanswered. 90-100 ft pounds torque is right. Loosen all and re-torque all in proper sequence. Check all again after 50 miles and 100 miles, final check at 150 miles.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.