Too much lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SparkyJeb

Reaction score
Has anyone installed a 2.5” spacer lift with a 2.5” strut/spring lift? I have an ‘05 Libby Sport 4wd, and want to start my mods. I purchased the daystar spacer lift and a complete skyjacker suspension lift. I know that I’ll have to grind the pinch weld trim someone the fender, but I feel like it’ll work nicely.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Seen it tried, and also saw it break several things on first small hill
You CAN NOT do it
Send everything back, get a good OME lift 927/948 springs andbilstein shocks and be good
Skyjacker springs are same as stock rated, not good
But back to what you are suggesting, it will simply not work
ALSO, you DO NOT grind the pinch weld, you bend it over unless you want to weaken that area

IT WILL NOT WORK NICELY

SparkyJeb

Reaction score
Seen it tried, and also saw it break several things on first small hill
You CAN NOT do it
Send everything back, get a good OME lift 927/948 springs andbilstein shocks and be good
Skyjacker springs are same as stock rated, not good
But back to what you are suggesting, it will simply not work
ALSO, you DO NOT grind the pinch weld, you bend it over unless you want to weaken that area

IT WILL NOT WORK NICELY
Even with a sub frame drop and upper UCA’s?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
OH DEAR,
Yes and a sub frame drop is NOT a good idea, changes a lot of other angles in the suspension / drivetrain
JBA UCAs help to 4 inches or so back when we could get the JBA coilover lift since they were smaller diameter springs
Even with the aftermarket UCAs you will still have spring/ UCA contact at 3.75-4 inches
Not sure where you are getting your ideas but what you are wanting to do is simply NOT going to work no matter what

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Then you will want to run larger tires , but 4.10s are the lowest you have in the front diff
Even with 32s the right ratio is 4.56s since 4.10s are not low enough
So if you are wanting to go way larger, bite the bullet and go full widths SFA then you can have your 5-6 inches of lift and lower gearing etc

Rennagade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed a 2.5” spacer lift with a 2.5” strut/spring lift? I have an ‘05 Libby Sport 4wd, and want to start my mods. I purchased the daystar spacer lift and a complete skyjacker suspension lift. I know that I’ll have to grind the pinch weld trim someone the fender, but I feel like it’ll work nicely.
Do NOT grind the pinch weld. Fold it over with a hammer

frankmacer

Reaction score
Good morning I I installed a Rusty's 2. 5 inch lift in my 2006 Jeep Liberty Sport, other than having to replace ball joints every few years it's been great. I went with the next size up Tire which is a 235 70 16 instead of the 225 75 16s, and I also installed a 1.25 inch wheel spacer on each side.. the one thing that I can recommend is that you buy the best ball joints out there, a lot of people say m o o g is the best, there is another company made in the United States the Name Escapes me they make everything out of steel, and they're greasable, I recommend them. Also for the upper control arms you don't need adjustable with a less than 3-inch lift, I went with the Moogs greasable and they seem fine. In addition I went with the Rusty's shocks on the rear the ones that go higher, I did not have to change any brake hoses relocate anything and I was able to get an additional approximately 3 inches of lift. I did spacers on the rear, I love it it's a bit stiff but I love the way it rides. I don't go off road a lot, I use it mostly for issues with snow and flooding in my area. Which allows me to drive through most of it. I would also have the rear differential vent moved as high as you can just in case you to go through water, because if you don't the rear diff will fill water. Good luck. Rustys is really good even though most people say that spacer lifts are no good. I will recommend that you use a good replacement suspension if you choose to replace the front and rear shocks and struts and what not. Good luck to you. If you want to do off road you may want to go with the spring and body lift. That way you can get huge tires under there.

frankmacer

Reaction score
You will definitely need spring compressors in order to put the car back together, it's pretty much the only way that I was able to do it. They're cheap and I think Advance Auto or AutoZone has them

frankmacer

Reaction score
Be extremely careful when using the spring compressors make sure they're bighting correctly if you have to tie them on with tie wire and make sure they're bighting correctly, that way they don't release accidentally.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Be extremely careful when using the spring compressors make sure they're bighting correctly if you have to tie them on with tie wire and make sure they're bighting correctly, that way they don't release accidentally.
WAY better to actually them them to a shop. Just ask my buddy who had half his head taken off TRYING to compress a spring like that. OH wait you can not, he is dead

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Good morning I I installed a Rusty's 2. 5 inch lift in my 2006 Jeep Liberty Sport, other than having to replace ball joints every few years it's been great. I went with the next size up Tire which is a 235 70 16 instead of the 225 75 16s, and I also installed a 1.25 inch wheel spacer on each side.. the one thing that I can recommend is that you buy the best ball joints out there, a lot of people say m o o g is the best, there is another company made in the United States the Name Escapes me they make everything out of steel, and they're greasable, I recommend them. Also for the upper control arms you don't need adjustable with a less than 3-inch lift, I went with the Moogs greasable and they seem fine. In addition I went with the Rusty's shocks on the rear the ones that go higher, I did not have to change any brake hoses relocate anything and I was able to get an additional approximately 3 inches of lift. I did spacers on the rear, I love it it's a bit stiff but I love the way it rides. I don't go off road a lot, I use it mostly for issues with snow and flooding in my area. Which allows me to drive through most of it. I would also have the rear differential vent moved as high as you can just in case you to go through water, because if you don't the rear diff will fill water. Good luck. Rustys is really good even though most people say that spacer lifts are no good. I will recommend that you use a good replacement suspension if you choose to replace the front and rear shocks and struts and what not. Good luck to you. If you want to do off road you may want to go with the spring and body lift. That way you can get huge tires under there.
NO WAY TO DO A BODY LIFT ON A LIBERTY !
Rustys same spring rate as stock , not good

Members online

No members online now.