Toledo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool Pic, now I know where my KJ came from... \:D/

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
a couple of years ago, there were some whispers of a massive National LOST gathering in Toledo Ohio.....

again they were just whispers....nothing materialized after the initial idea....
would be great tho...hundreds of KJ's taking over the town...LOL

bigfella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they do like the other manufacturers have recently then just start planning a big birthday bash...when was the first Jeep made? I know Ford and Buick had big celebrations the past couple years for 100 year anniverseries...big parties and a huge gathering. Jeep could do the same thing but it would take the owners to start the ball rolling.

I still doubt they would give plant tours. In this day and age of insurance and liabilities people just don't open plants to tours anymore...

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bigfella said:
I still doubt they would give plant tours. In this day and age of insurance and liabilities people just don't open plants to tours anymore...

Good point. Too bad, I bet that would be really interesting to watch them put together at KJ from start to finish. I would take a road trip to Toledo!

What would be really cool is to watch your KJ get assembled. =D>

My last brewery tour was at Coors. Half way in they provided samples, and then more at the end of course. Now what would Jeep do in the middle? At the end, maybe they would let us drive one off the line.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, its called Cherokee outside North America.

04RkMtnKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It isnt a Kj but when I was in college in the program I was in we went on a week long trip to Detroit and got to tour all kinds of building. One of them was the Cirrus/Stratus/Breeze plant. Talk about awesome. I would say if you had the chance make the trip to Toledo and see a KJ being made, i am sure it would be as cool if not cooler then the breeze factory. Just amazing to see all the stages from start to finish and all the preciseness(sp) that goes into building a car from scratch and gives you an appreciation as to how they are built.

bigfella

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'd like to get all of the "Cherokee" Chrome they put on and slap it on my Liberty just to mess with people! :scratch:

2003KJ

Reaction score
So wait, they make them in Ohio, and ship them to other countries? I thought they had plants world wide??? Or is that just my lack of knowledge speaking?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
04RkMtnKJ said:
It isnt a Kj but when I was in college in the program I was in we went on a week long trip to Detroit and got to tour all kinds of building. One of them was the Cirrus/Stratus/Breeze plant. Talk about awesome. I would say if you had the chance make the trip to Toledo and see a KJ being made, i am sure it would be as cool if not cooler then the breeze factory. Just amazing to see all the stages from start to finish and all the preciseness(sp) that goes into building a car from scratch and gives you an appreciation as to how they are built.

The Sterling Heights plant IS very cool. My dad works there in final inspection. It's great how they drive the actual cars themselves around the plant to get to where they want to go, lol. :) Then there's those little bikes, and motorized ones too. Not to mention the actual assembly process...very cool!

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
marlonjbt said:
My dad works there in final inspection.

That's good that they have a final inspection! =D> Not that I would think that they wouldn't...

So do they have tours open to the public then? Can we use your dad's name? (hint hint) O:)

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Hahahaha, nah. He took me around on one of his off-days is all....no public tour. However, he did tell me about back in the day when you could watch your car being built, then drive away from the plant if you had already done all the paperwork in advance...

Too bad those days are over.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Even better! It's like my pic, except closer and much bigger.

New Desktop wallapaper. Goodbye Gladiator Concept, Hello Toledo North!

Members online

No members online now.