Today is the Day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whirlwind

Reaction score
Ok boys I pick up the CRD tonight. Time to order that Propane Injection Hahahah mabye alittle later need get some other things in order first. Mabye next spring. I just pray this thing dosn't fall apart on me. :-#

Whirlwind

Reaction score
Oh I forgot not sure who moderates the site but I guess here in the near future were going to need a diesel and or a CRD board. LOL

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
ahh, it's like a baby being born....
sooner or later...a dedicated crd section would be in order.....but ur the only one for now...the rest of us are gas guzzling freaks...LOL

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
kj lad said:
I've got a CRD. I've had it for nearly 3 years now!

Ian

u guys dont count..ur in euro....LOL
forgot about our cross atlantic friends.....
ok..so we have like what...3 crd owners here?...

2003KJ

Reaction score
so uhhh Whirlwind, how much sleep ya get last night? LOL!

I'm anxious to see some pics of the CRD from an owner. All the ones in the magazines aren't good pics.

Just don't forget to fill er up with Diesel, and NOT gas.......that would be my problem...LOL

farwellbooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003KJ said:

I'm anxious to see some pics of the CRD from an owner. All the ones in the magazines aren't good pics.

Just don't forget to fill er up with Diesel, and NOT gas.......that would be my problem...LOL

Hopefully a gas nozzle won't fit! And vice versa

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
farwellbooth said:
2003KJ said:

Hopefully a gas nozzle won't fit! And vice versa

Actually I think gas nozzle will fit, since diesel nozzles are larger.

Rucky

Reaction score
Whirlwind

Hey Whirlwind, how's the CRD, i got mine back in December and i love it. It's a bit noisey around town but the turbo gives a nice note. For motorway driving (Highway) it's great, ave 25 mpg (US). I hope to get it off road in the near future.

LJ Lad - good to see your sticking up for the Brits and CRD boys =D>

Gsan

Reaction score
Anyone ever watch The Amazing Race? Some chick was in iceland and put gas in her Diesel. I forget what they were driving, toyota SUVs maybe? I was bustin' up.

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure about this latest season of the Amazing Race (Mom's the addict in our family), but I think they did have Toyota 4Runners or Sequoias or something large like that. I remember on last season though, they had Volkwagen Tuoaregs (sp?). They were all manuals and NOBODY could drive them (except like 2 people)! It was like nails on a chalkboard watching them stall out, grind gears, and inflict other horrible injuries to their trannys! I'd hate to be the next person in line for one of those poor beasts! #-o

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gsan said:
Anyone ever watch The Amazing Race? Some chick was in iceland and put gas in her Diesel. I forget what they were driving, toyota SUVs maybe? I was bustin' up.

Watch Dr Phil special tonight at 9 - Jonathan & Victoria are gonna battle it out. Sparks should fly!

-Blu

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flaren said:
I remember on last season though, they had Volkwagen Tuoaregs (sp?). They were all manuals and NOBODY could drive them (except like 2 people)! It was like nails on a chalkboard watching them stall out, grind gears, and inflict other horrible injuries to their trannys! I'd hate to be the next person in line for one of those poor beasts! #-o

OMG, I could barely watch that. My question is this: WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU GO ON AMAZING RACE w/o ONE TEAM MEMBER WHO CAN DRIVE STICK!?

It irritates me to no end.

That sequence with the Toureags was almost unwatchable for me, because I really want one, and it was very hard to see the trannys being destroyed by idiots.

-Blu

Gsan

Reaction score
Be careful :-# saying "drive stick", we might have some brits around here somewhere. drive.gif

Whirlwind

Reaction score
Ok sorry for the wait I picked it up Monday night and dropped the Avalanche off for the last time. It was dark and raining when I drove it home "which SUCKED!!!" But the next morning was nice so I jumped in my "Little Daddy Rig!" and motored down the highway. Impressions: I'm starting to love this thing although the ride was nothing like my "Big Daddy Rig" but I can get use to it, at least it doesn’t drive like a Wrangler [-X

The Engine backed whit the 5speed is smooth and the low and high end torque is awesome. The middle is kind of Blahh but not to disappointing. I want so bad to start modding it to get it on the trail but I promised my wife I would pay what I owe on my Camaro first. I just dropped like 8 grand into it in the fall. All new Urethane bushings, suspension, rear-end rebuild, new 5 speed, and a whole lotta other goodies and most I still gota install.

So once that’s taken care of she said I can start working on the jeep. My personal opinion is that she doesn’t want me to void any warranty this early. So I'll give it a year or so of wait. I'm catching allot of Crap from other Non-KJ jeep owners already and some others. I'm confident they will all retract their statements when they see the final product. I freaking LOVE my KJ. If anyone is looking at buying a new one give the CRD some serious consideration. \:D/

Darn I forgot Gas Mileage scooting around town I'm getting around 20mpg and on the highway I was pulling around 26 to 27 mpg Very nice.

Whirlwind

Reaction score
Ok I said screw my wife and did the mods I wanted to my new KJ only took 2 hours here it is

You must be registered for see images

Now Thats SWEEEEEEET!!! =P~ =P~ =P~

Latest posts

Members online