TJ/JK Hood Flutter....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of you Wrangler owner's may have noticed "hood flutter" in heavy head on wind, or especially when passing a big rig on a two lane road. I put up with it for years on my '99 TJ. Having recently bought an '08 JK, I've been looking over the different JK forums and came across an easy and cheap fix for hood flutter.

Thread a zip-tie around each rubber latch. Do not over tighten as the slack will be taken up when you latch the hood. You may have to play around with it a few times to get the right tension. The result... no more hood flutter and unless you're looking for it, this cheap and easy fix isn't all that noticable. It sure beats spending $30.00 or so for stiffer aftermarket hood latches.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good tip....you could also try removing the hood spring or adding a hood lock (which I did..$25)

I've heard of several different methods, but not sure which is the best solution. I feel pretty secure with the hood lock I have...you CANNOT open the hood without physically moving the latch yourself...so maybe that'll be good enough.

Latest posts

Members online