Tires with Jet Wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Elliott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what you KK guys were running with your 20" jet wheels. My wife wants a set on her KJ so I'm trying to figure out what tires would fit. She has the TM Econolift so I guess her KJ is sitting about 3.5" higher than stock. I'm pretty sure the 265/50 would fit, maybe even the 285/50?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just wondering what you KK guys were running with your 20" jet wheels. My wife wants a set on her KJ so I'm trying to figure out what tires would fit. She has the TM Econolift so I guess her KJ is sitting about 3.5" higher than stock. I'm pretty sure the 265/50 would fit, maybe even the 285/50?

She seriously wants 20 inch wheels ????? Install a good lift then screw up the ride with low profile tires.
But if you can't talk her out of it stick with a tire 30 inches or so, nothing taller or you'll be into regearing etc
265-50-20 is 30.5
285-50-20 would be over 31 and you'll start losing a lot of power and mileage
In those sizes there isn't a lot of different tires to choose from
More choices and better ride with a 16 inch tire ( 245-75-16 )

Elliott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I should have mentioned her KJ has been regeared to 4:10s. It came from the factory with 17s and I'd prefer to stick with them but she likes the Jet wheels and found a set for sale cheap. No surprise as I'd sell them cheap too lol! If she went off road I could probably make a better argument to stick with what she has but since it is a mall crawler...:shrug:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess I should have mentioned her KJ has been regeared to 4:10s. It came from the factory with 17s and I'd prefer to stick with them but she likes the Jet wheels and found a set for sale cheap. No surprise as I'd sell them cheap too lol! If she went off road I could probably make a better argument to stick with what she has but since it is a mall crawler...:shrug:

Well with 4.10s then you could go to 275-55-20, 31.8 inches tall or there abouts
Should fill up the wheelwells pretty good
Heck they even have Duratracs in that size .....maybe I need to find me some 20s :shrug:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd actually really like to see a picture of those tires on the Jet Wheels. I bet they would look good with a normal sized sidewall...but then we're talking huge tires... o_O

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd actually really like to see a picture of those tires on the Jet Wheels. I bet they would look good with a normal sized sidewall...but then we're talking huge tires... o_O

about 5 inches or so of sidewall so would not look too bad
NOT a huge fan of anything much over 16 -17 inches but????

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have to see in person. Could be kinda cool. Seen a few wranglers that do that sort of thing and they have a showy look. Wouldn't dare go off road but that isn't the purpose of them so who cares!

Elliott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was using 4wheelparts to research tire sizes and they didn't list the duratracs in the 275/55, thanks for the suggestion. I'm guessing pounding the pinch weld would be required to fit these?

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drive an 04 SS Silverado everyday(AWD). Came OE with 275-55R20's and is now at 241,*** miles. Love the truck, love the tires. Most surefooted vehicle I've ever driven on wet, icy,or snowy roads.

On a Libby? Ya gotta be shiggin me!

Bob

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think there is a link in this thread. It may be an ad-inserted link which saw the term "wheel" and was off to the races...

manyplews

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 20 inch wheels on my 2012 Liberty are the roughest riding that I've ever owned.
My Ford 1-ton diesel pickup with load range E tires rides better.
20 inchers have little sidewall.
I've even tried to trade my 20's for 16's at my dealer,but he wanted $300 to boot.

JeepJason

Reaction score
Jet rims and tires for sale/trade

Have a very clean set of jet 20s on my 2011kk and I would love to have something similar to the arctic package set, any color. looking to buy/sell or trade my way into it.

Anyone have any interest or any info?

Latest posts

Members online