Tire sizes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russty

Reaction score
Just wondering I'm sure it's been asked before but I couldn't find anything about it I have a stock 07 liberty and I wanna get a bigger wheel under it without a lift I was going to do a 1.5inch hub space to give a nice stance any ideas on how big I can go without rubbing issues

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just wondering I'm sure it's been asked before but I couldn't find anything about it I have a stock 07 liberty and I wanna get a bigger wheel under it without a lift I was going to do a 1.5inch hub space to give a nice stance any ideas on how big I can go without rubbing issues

Without a lift 7 inch wide wheel with 5 inches of backspacing
With sag etc , any wider or less backspacing will rub
If doing spacers on the wheels will even make it worse
best bet, stock stay where you are
Next measure from middle of the hb/ wheel to bottom of the flare on level ground, left side front

Russty

Reaction score
So if I run a 15 inch stock rim I might be able to fit a 30x10.5?
Asking because I was looking at a few used rim and tire sets and I wont be able to test fit

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Asking because I was looking at a few used rim and tire sets and I wont be able to test fit[/QUOTE

No. is simple answer
BRAND NEW STOCK a 29 inch tall tire will rub some at timesdoesn't matter what size the wheel is, width and height
Plus like I said sag will get you as well since stock suspension is junk and sags by 60-70,000 miles ( seen them sagged down an inch or more at 75,000 miles )

Plus there were never any 15 inch stock wheels on a KJ ( some have issues with rubbing on suspension parts if trying to use 15 inch wheels )

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Asking because I was looking at a few used rim and tire sets and I wont be able to test fit

I ran steel 15" Dodge wheels for a bit... older Dakota, car, D150 etc. They do stick out a tad more, and we had 2" lift at the time... with a 235/75R15 tire.

Latest posts

Members online