Tire Pressure Warning Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know when the tire pressure warning light comes on, one or more of my tires needs attention.

However, today, it started blinking.

I never saw it blink before, and the manual doesn't mention blinking.

It doesn't blink constantly; only for a little while, then stops. It may blink again later in a drive.

It has been very cold today; the coldest weather we've had in a while here in Western PA. Could this be related to the blinking warning?

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you had the tires filled to the pressure threshold, the cold weather would cause the pressure to increase and set off the TPMS light...don't know about blinking.

DougBenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cold weather causes the pressure to decrease thus needing to bring the pressures up to par. DO NOT forget the spare as it has a sensor on it as well.

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There at least one mention of a blinking TPM light in the manual:
"The Tire Pressure Monitoring Indication Lamp will flash on and off for ten seconds when a system fault is detected. The flash cycle will repeat every ten minutes or until the fault condition is removed and reset."
If the renegades get the same manuals as the sport, it in the second column on page 268.

Of course it doesn't really say what could be at fault, could be something caused by cold weather...maybe a sensor isn't functioning correctly. I agree with DougBenn, I would check all 5 tires to make sure the pressure wasn't too low. I know we can check an engine light error code. Would the same method work to get other errors, like chassis trouble codes?

jelohead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had my tpsm go off this past week also....read the manual yesterday, says that the spare WILL NOT set off the tpsm. what the manual doesnt say is exactly what pressure the thing is set for. i tend to run my tires a bit firm, like 36psi. when i checked em, they were all in the 32 range, with one at around 30. i pumped em all up to around 33, and the light went off finally.

DougBenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can tell you first hand that my spare did set off my TPM light.

It was low and all of the rest were at 35psi. Hmmmmmm.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
This happened to me also on a very cold morning. I checked the pressures and aired the 4 of them up and the light wouldn'd go away. Then I remembered the spare and aired it up and the light went out.

They were all at 28 pounds - strange - must have been the cold?? Anyway I aired them up to 36 pounds and it hasn't happened since. That was with the POS Badyears which I'm not running any longer.

Dave

Latest posts

Members online