Tire pressure light

Discussion in 'Technical Service Bulletins and Recalls' started by beinroc, Jan 5, 2010.

1. beinroc

beinroc New Member

'06 Liberty Renegade. tire pressure light comes on even after i fill tires with air. Did that a few times now it flashes for a few seconds, then goes off. Repeats the flashing regularly. tires are all brand new. 4 months old. Car only has 30k miles. Anyone have any ideas? Seems a lot of lights come on in this vehicle. anyone also ever heard of any problems with the ECM being bad? As i said, only 30k miles. Thanks.

2. HoosierJeeper

HoosierJeeper Gold Supporter/Admin Staff Member Administrator

I'm thinking that the shop that replaced the tires damaged a sensor in one of the wheels. If not that, it could related to the ECM issue....

3. maverick7321

maverick7321 Full Access Member

Have you checked the air pressure in the spare for I chased this same thing for months and finally found that it was the spare tire that was low on air.

4. beinroc

beinroc New Member

i did not check the spare tire as of yet. I guess that will be the next step. i don't think they damaged a sensor cause this just started happening about 2-3 weeks ago. Really when it started getting under 20 degrees outside. I even jacked all the pressures up to 42 psi. i did find one tire at 33 psi so if the spare isn't it, i guess i need to have that one checked for leakage. thanks guys.

beinroc

5. Dave08

Dave08 Full Access Member

one of mine does it when really cold for a second on start up

6. Nathaniel

Nathaniel New Member

i have the same problem, dude. Mine came on as soon as i bought the jeep. then months down the road i got a flat.. After that it went off for a long time, and now its back on, i know i need the air in my tires, but if that doesnt work i may need to get a censor checked.

7. baer jeeper

baer jeeper Full Access Member

had the same problem replaced the sensor apparently the battery get week? lights stayed out for two weeks so far