Timing Belt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
will a broken timing belt on a 05 4 ****** destroy the valves or is it non interference engine......
laterz

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
will a broken timing belt on a 05 4 ****** destroy the valves or is it non interference engine......
laterz

I don't believe a timing belt breaking in the 4 cylinder Jeep motor will cause valve damage. I searched the web, and that's what I came up with.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a Chrysler 2.4 right? Isn't it similar to the PT Cruiser? I have been told on our PT that if the timing belt breaks everything just spins to a stop.

We used to have a Neon with the 2.0 in it, they were an interference engine, loose the belt and smack, the pistons smash the valves. Usually busting a piston and popping the valve guide out of the head if with enough force. At the least on them your looking at a new head and stuff...

If your thinking of putting off replacement don't... The 2.4 is so easy to do a belt on, the KJ is even easier since the end of the motor is forward facing, you can tear into it without having to take the vehicle apart. I'm dreading doing it on the PT, going to have to take the entire passengers side suspension apart to get in there.

Members online

No members online now.