thumping noises coming from left front right rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wolfman_moya

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
so i have an 03 kj and just below 122k miles. i have two separate problems that sound pretty similar.

problem 1:
there is a thumping noise that sounds like its coming from the left front wheel that seems to be in line with the wheel revolutions. the thumping can get pretty bad at points, sometimes you can feel it both in the floor on the drivers side and in the steering column. i just recently had the stabilizer link replaced and it didnt do anything so i took it back and asked him to check the bearing and basically everything down there but all three mechanics i went to say that everything looks as it should and im not sure what else to do.

problem 2:
pretty much the same thing. thumping that can get pretty violent at times only its coming from the right rear wheel. that one i havent had checked by a shop yet because it just started within the last couple of days.

both of the problems go away when the feel like it and then come back when they feel like it again. im brand new to jeeps and dont really know a ton about cars in general so i was hoping that maybe some of you guys could help me out.

thanks a lot for any and all help!!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Start by checking the rear boot on the front driveshaft, bet its gone and the bearings are dry, that can cause a similar noise. Easy to repair and under 100 bucks
For the rear could be the rear tri-link ball joint or one of the lower control arms that the bushings have gone bad. Does it seem to dance some when hitting grooves in the road or when taking off and slowing down?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.