Throttle relearn procedure - Jeep Liberty 2010

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bronc85

Reaction score
Hi everyone, newbie here,

Does anyone know how to properly relearn a throttle body? I am replacing this on a Jeep Liberty 2010

Thanks!

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will happen automatically over the next couple of drives. At least that’s my understanding. Some people have replaced the 3.7 throttle body with a larger bore one from a 4.7. In their posts they say that the Jeep idled fast and erratically for a little while but the Jeep eventually learned it on its own.

Bronc85

Reaction score
It will happen automatically over the next couple of drives. At least that’s my understanding. Some people have replaced the 3.7 throttle body with a larger bore one from a 4.7. In their posts they say that the Jeep idled fast and erratically for a little while but the Jeep eventually learned it on its own.

Thank for your reply. My Jeep started to show the red bolt ETC light. I did not notice any problem with accelaration while on the road, the main problem I experienced was upon starting the vehicle, it hesitated to start. Until one day, it just did not turn, it just would not start. Form the owners manual I already knew this was coming. So I went ahead and order the throttle body online and installed it. My Jeep would not start again with the new part on; I knew I had to relearn the throttle. After several attempts and hours later, I did a manual relearn procedure, it worked, Jeep turned on. I drove the vehicle for some time as part of the relearn procedure. As I am writing this, this is day 2 and the vehicle shows improvement but it is not yet where it needs to be, the biggest problem I am experiencing is upon starting the vehicle.

I will post update later

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Thanks for the update. What was wrong with the old one? Was it full of carbon or was it actually broken?

Bronc85

Reaction score
I was getting the ETC red light on the dashboard. The car showed problem in idling and accelearion, also hesitation during starting. Now I am getting a P0117 code, does any know where the Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) is located on a Jeep Liberty 2010?