Those who went from KJ to KK?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moparman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A friend just bought a 09 KK yesterday. Silver Limited with leather and sunroof. (not skyslider) The ride seems solid and I like the interior. The interior is light years ahead of my drab 06 Sport. The Limited looks good in silver. He traded a 2002 KJ Limited with 197k miles on it that has been trouble free. It only recently started having coolant/overheating problems which made him nervous so he figured it was time.

Last edited:

wolverine

Reaction score
I had a CRD KJ and loved everything about it except the lack of power.
I do like the look of the KK better and I know it doesn't have as much torque but for normal driving around town I like the 3.7L V6 better.

I test drove a 2008 KK and agree with others that the suspension wasn't nearly as good and the interior also took some hits, but the 09 I have handles about the same as the 05 KJ I had and the interior of the 09 is better than both the 05 and the 08.

Just wish sales were higher so there were more aftermarket upgrades available.

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the KK offered a CRD option, I'd rock one maybe. I wouldn't have purchased a KJ with the spark-infested engine either. I did rent a Nitro (blown oil return hose in the CRD) when I first came back to SLC in 09; it was the only 4x4 they had on the lot and I had to drive back to CO in January. I figured I'd hit some snow.

Driving through the I 70 corridor with all the snow and all the steep grades, I was happy I made it to CO Springs for the big meet & greet, but the Nitro inspired no confidence. I do acknowledge that the Nitro had stock tires and my KJ is equipped with the finest tires ever conceived by man, but it did still make it.