Thornbird Tires (Super Swamper)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeep0517

Reaction score
Hey Hey........New member here. I have an 2002 Liberty and am going for the Rocky Road Outfitters OTT 2.5" Strut Lift and want to get my jeep rolling on Thornbirds. I am not sure what size i should go with though. I don't want rubbing but i want the tallest tire (most lift) i can get. Should i go with the 31x11.00x16, 255/85/16, or what? Can't wait to post a pic when i get em'....................

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will rub pretty bad with either of those sizes, plus you will most likely need new rims or spacers with the 11 inch wide ones.

Also, from what I have heard the thornbird is not to highly rated of a tire.

My recommendation of tire size would be 245/75/16 with minimal to no rubbing. That is what most lifted KJs are running. Any bigger than that you will rub and need to trim. Some run 265/75/16 but that requires extensive triming and new rims. Even 265/70/16 (~31x10.5) usually require new rims and triming.

Also, I would be careful with the RRO OTT Lift.

kkkustom

Reaction score
dont get the SS tires... I did a lot of research and they arnt that good.

Get a set of 15X8 4.5bs rockcrawlers and a set of 31X10.5"'s yur all set

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.