Third Brake Light NOT WORKING!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

imbatman220

Reaction score
Hey guys my third brake light on my 2012 jeep liberty is out. The other rear brake lights work great. I bought a replacement piece for it and it still doesn't work. I was hoping for it to be a simple solution has anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tested it with a multimeter? does there appear to be any damage to burning to the connector or its wires?

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to hit it with a multimeter and check voltage... then trace the wires back and find where you are losing the voltage signal.

imbatman220

Reaction score
Ended up needing to take it to the mechanic because I couldn't trace it back far enough by myself. Looks to be a more complicated problem than I anticipated.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ended up needing to take it to the mechanic because I couldn't trace it back far enough by myself. Looks to be a more complicated problem than I anticipated.

At least it's just the high mount stop light, and it's not as if ALL brake lights are out.

Latest posts

Members online