The only thing worse than a lurker is a n00b...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Khaotic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm Garrett and I'm the proud new owner of a 2003 KJ Sport 2wd. Now before everyone starts rolling their eyes for my lack of a transfer case, allow me to explain... The Jeep was free; a gift from my stepdad when I moved out here to TN. Originally from San Diego, CA. Been here for 2 weeks and loving it. Looking forward to picking everyone's brains for a while. Feel free to comment your opinions about any of my future plans for the Libby listed below. Thanks for having me here!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm Garrett and I'm the proud new owner of a 2003 KJ Sport 2wd. Now before everyone starts rolling their eyes for my lack of a transfer case, allow me to explain... The Jeep was free; a gift from my stepdad when I moved out here to TN. Originally from San Diego, CA. Been here for 2 weeks and loving it. Looking forward to picking everyone's brains for a while. Feel free to comment your opinions about any of my future plans for the Libby listed below. Thanks for having me here!

Hi Garrett

So let me get this straight. You got thrown out and took a jeep and drove 3000 miles and ended up in TN and then on JKJCountry. Sounds good to me. Welcome.

Dave

Khaotic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahahaha. Close, but let me clarify... Mom and Stepdad moved out here to TN 2 years ago and have been raving about it ever since. I took a visit, fell in love with it... Not to mention if my boys' grandma ranted any more to me about missing them my head would explode... So me and my wife and kids decided to move on out here. I quit my job, we sold off most of our stuff, shipped the rest, got on an airplane and here we are. Needless to say I didnt have a vehicle, so they were kind enough to flat out give me one of theirs. My mom has a matching 2004 white KJ sport as well. And back in San Diego my dad has a 2008 Wrangler Rubicon 4 door, and stepmom has a 2004 Wrangler Sahara. You could say we like our Jeeps. :)

Khaotic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man!

Yeah it's kinda weird because the facility was just majorly overhauled a few years back. Brand new equipment and everything. We can only hope some other brand will pick it up and bring some more jobs with it.

flman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck with you new Jeep. You can always get the front axle and transfer and do a transplant, that way we wont have to pretend we like a noob with a 2wd ;)

Just Kidding

Khaotic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to jack my own thread or anything, but does anyone know of a post or something that details out the parts required and work involved with the 2wd to 4wd conversion? I doubt it will happen any time soon, but it is definitely a consideration for the future...

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck with you new Jeep. You can always get the front axle and transfer and do a transplant, that way we wont have to pretend we like a noob with a 2wd ;)

Just Kidding

X2. If the Jeep was free, and you've got some money to spend, it might be worth doing a 4wd conversion. I wouldn't do it if you had a carpayment, though.

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Not to jack my own thread or anything, but does anyone know of a post or something that details out the parts required and work involved with the 2wd to 4wd conversion? I doubt it will happen any time soon, but it is definitely a consideration for the future...

Welcome, if I was to convert 2 to 4x4 this is direction I would go.
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38321

Khaotic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that I don't salivate and sometimes wake up in the morning with a moist spot in my undies thinking about a SFA conversion, I'm thinking that is like the most expensive undertaking known to man. Not that I know for sure, but I would guesstimate that ****** a 4x4 KJ in the junkyard would be a lot less painfully cash-sucking. If anyone knows of anyone that has a write up regarding this undertaking, do plz let me know. Untill then I'll just get big tires and take pictures of my jeep sitting with a front wheel on top of something in a mall parking lot like a true poser should do. LoL.