The old switcherooo!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AMPlibby06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm very used to the window switches being between the seats, but every single passenger of mine isn't and always locks or unlocks the car. I know that many people enjoy the switches being wired to the center, but I think I would like them better on the door. Does anyone think I can rewire the door locks so that they're in the middle (using the window switches)? and wire the windows so they use the lock switches? OR are the window switches 3 way and the lock switches are 2 way? I thought i'd throw the idea out there.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its possible, not sure how it would work with the door lock button i would just get some switches off ebay for another car or hell maybe you could hack a spare kj one so all the switches look the same

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I'm very used to the window switches being between the seats, but every single passenger of mine isn't and always locks or unlocks the car. I know that many people enjoy the switches being wired to the centre, but I think I would like them better on the door. Does anyone think I can rewire the door locks so that they're in the middle (using the window switches)? and wire the windows so they use the lock switches? OR are the window switches 3 way and the lock switches are 2 way? I thought I'd throw the idea out there.

You wouldn't be able to just swap places with the factory power window switches moved to the doors because both front and rear window switches and master window lock out switch is a one piece unit!
So, an after market power window switch would be your only option. You would still need to splice into the front power window wiring circuit and get those wires into the front doors.
Then you would have the original power window switch gear in the stock position and two additional switches mounted on the doors for your windows.
You would probably want to have two extra switches on the drivers door so that you could open both front windows from the drivers seat.

Last edited:

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive always wanted 1 extra switch that will open and close all 4 windows at the same time.

TruLiberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont mind it, makes it easier to open the windows because i tend to lean on the center console and drive mainly with my left. would be interesting to have one switch to do it all tho heh

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont mind it, makes it easier to open the windows because i tend to lean on the center console and drive mainly with my left. would be interesting to have one switch to do it all tho heh

Same here, I am glad they put them in the center.
Instead of swapping them with the ones on the doors, I would look into possibilities of getting another switch and tapping to the stock window controls. But yea, that won't make people stop locking and unlocking doors.

Latest posts

Members online