The official "Gun Nut" thread.....

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by SurfGuitar141, Nov 24, 2010.

1. cplchris

cplchris Full Access Member

to each his own i guess. i have a rifle for home defense, with a light mounted to it. i understand what your saying about potentially pointing the gun at someone you don't want to shoot but the light is there to ensure that you are able to identify and be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

whether you are aiming a pistol or rifle with a light mounted you should have your finger off the trigger until you identify and assess the potential threat, your first reaction should be to tell the person or intruder to freeze or stop or something along those lines, then if they advance toward you you have reason to shoot.

if my life or the lives of my family is/are in danger the rules take a backseat.

2. sota

sota Full Access Member

I would have to disagree on the "rules take a back seat" section of your comment. The rules aren't there to protect Bad People Doing Bad Things. They're there to protect you and your family from Murphy going full retard on you when you're under stress.

3. uss2defiant

uss2defiant Full Access Member

4. sota

sota Full Access Member

got the brakes pinned on 3 barrels.
    going to drag out the welder in a couple days and puddle them in permanent.

might take one of the "illegal" A2 flash hiders I have and drill some holes and practice on them before I do the good ones. been a while since I struck an arc.

5. cplchris

before you practice on those make sure your practice material is the same as the brakes, (good chance the brakes are 17-4 stainless and the a2 birdcages are usually just 4140 or 4150)

6. sota

sota Full Access Member

they're strike industries J-COMP's.

7. cplchris

so how bout that national concealed carry reciprocity? hearing protection act? lift the ban on russian imports? all the saigas, 7n6, and goodies may be available again soon guys and gals.

8. sota

sota Full Access Member

We finished replacing my 360# 24 gun safe with a 900# 42 gun safe.
    MESA MBF7236E, custom painted white by me, now lives in my basement.

9. TheBlueKJ

TheBlueKJ Full Access Member

To buy a mosin or not to buy a mosin.... That is the question

10. sota

sota Full Access Member

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/prod...d=0&itemGUID=7cbf1a0dac1084556f234300b40c12aa

Yesterday it was limit 1 box. This morning it was limit 5. Now it's NO LIMIT. Anyone else starting to feel like sales are going to be slower this season? Hopefully there will be steep discounting because of it. PSA has the HK VP9 for $449 with free shipping. That's an insane price for that gun.

Also picked up another Stack-On gun cabinet to use as ammo storage. $99.99 out the door. Some maths tell me that I can stuff 34,000 rounds of 9mm in the damn thing. :D

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  11. eyehatetofu

eyehatetofu JPOTM WINNER

I'm hoping everyone was sitting on stock expecting Hillary to win the election and are now going to have blow out prices to move everything! I'm keeping an eye out for AR10 parts and 9mm AR parts. Haven't seen any deals yet.

I need to pickup another cabinet as well as mine is full. Have been eyeballing the 18 gun one at Walmart for $150. Will finally be able to stick the few guns that I don't have room for and the rest of my ammo away.

12. cplchris

don't...save your money for something that isn't a piece of junk.

13. TheBlueKJ

TheBlueKJ Full Access Member

So i went to cabela's with my buddy today hoping to win a free gun or a big gift card and buy some ammo. Instead bought this Marlin 30TK that I saw in the gun library.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. sota

sota Full Access Member

I picked up a stack-on 14 gun "security" cabinet the other day for $99, for use as another ammo storage cabinet. Also ordered a Mesa Safe MBF7236E gun safe. sucker *JUST* fit the space I wanted to put it in. like seriously, there's ZERO clearance on either side of it. you can't even put a piece of paper in there.

then there's the near steady stream of ammo and gun parts i've been buying lately.

FYI... MidwayUSA orders. go look in their free shipping area, and add something from it you your cart. it'll either make the entire order free shipping, or greatly reduce the shipping costs.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  15. eyehatetofu

eyehatetofu JPOTM WINNER

Wow. This thread hasn't been bumped in forever. No one got any cool gun shit for Christmas?

I finished my AR9 pistol awhile back. Very happy with how it turned out and how it shoots. I think its my new favorite.

[​IMG]

16. KYLiberty

KYLiberty Full Access Member

Nice job. I love my AR9 suppressed SBR. So much fun.

Unfortunately, I am still waiting on the stamps I paid the taxes for back in the beginning of July. Hopefully it will only be another month or two and I'll have a few more toys to build.

17. Leeann

Leeann Full Access Member

Yeah, I got a .22 conversion kit for my Sig P226 .40.

Attached Files:

18. Jo6pak

Jo6pak Full Access Member

Careful with those rimfire conversions, Leeann. I got a Kadet conversion for my CZ75 a few years ago...I shoot that .22 so much now that I now consider the original .40 cal bits "the conversion kit.":icon_razz:

I sold my M1A just before Xmas, the money went to the new motorcycle fund.

I have about 3000 rounds through the Shield 9mm (my carry gun) without a single hiccup.

Haven't bought anything new or exciting. Spending the money on ammo:shooter:

19. eyehatetofu

eyehatetofu JPOTM WINNER

Thanks. I really hope the Hearing Protection Act passes; if so this is getting a can. I don't think I'll go the SBR route. The shockwave blade just works to well.

I had to take a two month break from ammo buying to buy parts. Now I have another caliber to stock as well. At least 9mm is cheap. I actually inventoried and organized my ammo supply a couple weeks ago. I have set quantities I try to maintain. Pretty much just try to replace what I shoot and pickup whatever I can catch on sale.

20. sota

sota Full Access Member

I got some gun stuff on order, but the barrels are on back order still.