The NNJ Gypsy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GypsyTribal

Reaction score
Hey everyone, so I'm a pround owner of an 02' Liberty. Weird saying that after seeing so much hate for the vehicle. I got the thing from a buddy of mine for dirt cheap and am treating it as a project car. The Liberty has the feel of a Subaru Forester but with more beef, and less street finesse. So far I've tuned the engine up, 15" rims on the way with a 1" suspension lift. The guy who had it before me had zero clue as to what he was doing with it, he ended up leaving the stock suspension putting 17" rims with positive offset and 245 75s on it. So wheel rub and hub wear galore. I do have a few problems I need help with though given I'm doing most of the work at my buddy's garage myself. I have rad fluid pooling under the alternator even after I changed the hoses out because the upper and lower we're cracked and worn. Could there be air in the lines causing the leak? Or should is just say **** it and swap my radiator. Also any recommendations on rear Jerry can holders?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, so I'm a pround owner of an 02' Liberty. Weird saying that after seeing so much hate for the vehicle. I got the thing from a buddy of mine for dirt cheap and am treating it as a project car. The Liberty has the feel of a Subaru Forester but with more beef, and less street finesse. So far I've tuned the engine up, 15" rims on the way with a 1" suspension lift. The guy who had it before me had zero clue as to what he was doing with it, he ended up leaving the stock suspension putting 17" rims with positive offset and 245 75s on it. So wheel rub and hub wear galore. I do have a few problems I need help with though given I'm doing most of the work at my buddy's garage myself. I have rad fluid pooling under the alternator even after I changed the hoses out because the upper and lower we're cracked and worn. Could there be air in the lines causing the leak? Or should is just say **** it and swap my radiator. Also any recommendations on rear Jerry can holders?

One inch suspension lift ? Hopefully not a a spacer style lift!
245-75-16s need 2.5 inches of lift even then a regear helps a lot
Radiator leaking, check drivers side upper part on it, that is where they go and do not go cheap on radiator unless you like changing them
HOAT coolant only of course
But pictures etc will help
and read read read before doing anything so you don't have to redo it

So much hate ??? I never hear any and haven't over the past 14-15 years

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's more jealousy and miss information of the Wrangler sheep.

GypsyTribal

Reaction score
I think it's more jealousy and miss information of the Wrangler sheep.

Yup, got straight up bullied by a dude in an 05 Rubi mall crawler for driving a "bit** Jeep" and should grow a pair and get a real Jeep.

Last edited:

GypsyTribal

Reaction score
One inch suspension lift ? Hopefully not a a spacer style lift!
245-75-16s need 2.5 inches of lift even then a regear helps a lot
Radiator leaking, check drivers side upper part on it, that is where they go and do not go cheap on radiator unless you like changing them
HOAT coolant only of course
But pictures etc will help
and read read read before doing anything so you don't have to redo it

So much hate ??? I never hear any and haven't over the past 14-15 years

I'm rebuilding the whole suspension and steering to get a little more clearance. I'm not doing a body lift since the KJ has IFS.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, got straight up bullied by a dude in an 05 Rubi mall crawler for driving a "bit** Jeep" and should grow a pair and get a real Jeep.

I reminded a similar guy once that Wranglers are the new Miatas for the still-closeted coastal homosexual crowd around here. He didn't take that too well, especially since the guy standing next to him started nodding, as he was in fact gay and also a Wrangler owner. :gr_grin:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm rebuilding the whole suspension and steering to get a little more clearance. I'm not doing a body lift since the KJ has IFS.

Body lift LMAO
Of course you're not doing one since its impossible
Reread what I wrote..............spacer lift
Do full spring aftermarket lift, why go back to stock junk ?

GypsyTribal

Reaction score
Body lift LMAO
Of course you're not doing one since its impossible
Reread what I wrote..............spacer lift
Do full spring aftermarket lift, why go back to stock junk ?

My mistake on that, Im not doing a space lift. I made that mistake on my 04 Subaru and was blowing out parts left and right, I always assumed spacer and body lifts were the same. Now I know.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what mall did you get harassed in?

Latest posts

Members online