The Junkman has Arrived...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Junkman2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... and it looks like I am going to be here for awhile. :gr_grin:

Hello my fellow Jeep Liberty owners. I just bought a 2004 Jeep Liberty from a friend of mine, who practically just gave it to me. It has 275K miles on it so I don't know how long that engine is going to last. The first thing I need to do is find a thread that list all the known issues for this year car so if someone can direct me to that thread, I'd be grateful. Some of you may no me from my You Tube channel. I do plan on posting my detailing information in the detailing section as well as giving out advice so that's where you will see me the most as I learn about this car.

So hey to everyone here and here's to my newly found Jeep owners. :happy160:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Hello my fellow Jeep Liberty owners. I just bought a 2004 Jeep Liberty from a friend of mine, who practically just gave it to me. It has 275K miles on it so I don't know how long that engine is going to last. The first thing I need to do is find a thread that list all the known issues for this year car so if someone can direct me to that thread, I'd be grateful. Some of you may no me from my You Tube channel. I do plan on posting my detailing information in the detailing section as well as giving out advice so that's where you will see me the most as I learn about this car.

Welcome Junkman
I bought an 04 brand new drove it over 11 years as my DD and out over 221,000 miles on it before selling it, now have an 03.
Known issues, don't let them get hot
Some will say window regulators , but I have 3 KJs and none have ever had that issue
Suspension *****, at 20,000 miles I swapped mine out for complete OME springs etc
But just do some reading
As far as your You Tube channel, sorry never heard of you
OH and did you buy a car or a Jeep ???:gr_grin:

Junkman2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess from your question, it depends on what I plan to do with the .... car. :D

It's just going to be a daily driver on ROADS only. No off-roading or anything remotely close to that. I will drive in the snow during the winter but that is as extreme as I will get. I just need to get from point A to point B.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess from your question, it depends on what I plan to do with the .... car. :D

It's just going to be a daily driver on ROADS only. No off-roading or anything remotely close to that. I will drive in the snow during the winter but that is as extreme as I will get. I just need to get from point A to point B.

Do all required maintenance
Check tires and get good ones for winter driving
Completely rip out the springs and shocks, replace with upgraded ( aftermarket ) suspension Even if you are only " roads " you still want a good ride and good handling don't you ??
Never understood that term, " only going to be on roads" and I've been doing suspension work for over 44 years. Roads can put as much punishment as being off road almost, plus I hate bouncing off the bump stops on every dip, pothole, RR crossing etc

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Junkman.

Dave

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Ya Ya I have watched your vids before! I clayed our little roadster last summer and was searching for how to's and ya! Cool! Thanks for those!

Welcome!

Bert

Junkman2008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have any idea where any bushings are so I am crawling all over eBay for a service manual on DVD. Do you know if I can download one anywhere?