The Dude

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RoyalDudeness

The Dude enters and flicks on a light.

I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder, His Dudeness, His Royal Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Just the basic '05 jeep with nothing all that special.

Robsama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So...I guess I have to change my avatar now. Although I've been me longer than that guy Lebowski. I bet that guy doesn't even bowl.

R

RoyalDudeness

Welcome Dude. Got any pics of that '05?

Dude has none and don't need 'em really. If Dude gets some then dude may post some but they all look the same except for front and rumps. Dude is pretty sure you have all seen them all.

Awww nice forum a friendly place for the obscure. Dude sees the love; but Dude calls the downers "Herberts", a scientific reference for the ones with their lights that are just not quite as bright as the Dude's.

The Dude is just a small figure walking across the vast lot.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Dude calls the downers "Herberts", a scientific reference for the ones with their lights that are just not quite as bright as the Dude's.

The Dude is just a small figure walking across the vast lot.

Me thinks the Dude is running on very old very burnt out batteries , the vast lot is in brain , endless lot of nothingness

Now we all need to let him rest in peace nad hopefully something nice will happen for the rest of us

R

RoyalDudeness

"let him rest in peace nad hopefully something nice will happen"

Yes, Herbert(s).

R

RoyalDudeness

Herbert, is a name of a person of reference, not name calling; just a reference; dude can say that Hebert is not a nice dude. If for some reason you see that as name calling then dude thinks the administrator dude and mod-dudes have a lot more problems than dude; with the rest of the Herberts. It would lightly please the dude for you to scribe what you think Herbert means; then you < dudes will see who is calling who names.

I also looked up the codes left by the ford car junkie and dude doesn't get it; which is why dude says Herbert. I can only say that one leads to a motor but that is not what dude's jeep has and cannot find any other jeep with it. The other leads to cylinder misfires in an obd chart which dude does not get either; as stated before when it said dude has problem with his i.c.e.

The only problem dude has now is he can't get his caliper brackets off for new rotors. Dude's jeep failed inspection today for bad rotors. Dude got rotors but can budge the bolt.

R

RoyalDudeness

Get a pipe, or jack handle and put it on the wrench. Turn.

Or get an impact.

Dude did that, with a handle from a pipe-bender, and bent the ratchet handle at the neck and twisted the 3/8 drive square and the socket is now stuck on the deformed - broken ratchet. He also tried heating the bolt up but almost destroyed the floating caliper boot. Dude has a pry bar with 1/2" drive that he will try later. Also- dude's four gallon air compressor doesn't have the stamina for the air ratchet.

kskj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Dude, try some PB blaster. Let it soak, spray it again, give it time to work. Then try the 1/2 inch drive tomorrow with a cheater. Make sure you clean it all up with some brake cleaner when you get it off. So you can stop when you want to.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Dude did that, with a handle from a pipe-bender, and bent the ratchet handle at the neck and twisted the 3/8 drive square and the socket is now stuck on the deformed - broken ratchet. He also tried heating the bolt up but almost destroyed the floating caliper boot. Dude has a pry bar with 1/2" drive that he will try later. Also- dude's four gallon air compressor doesn't have the stamina for the air ratchet.

So, basically

You need to get A: better ratchets - as a professional ThunderbirdJunkie went through a record of six Snap-on ratchets in a year.
B: 12 point sockets
C: a breaker bar
D: Some six point box-end wrenches

Boiler

Reaction score
So, basically

You need to get A: better ratchets - as a professional ThunderbirdJunkie went through a record of six Snap-on ratchets in a year.
B: 12 point sockets
C: a breaker bar
D: Some six point box-end wrenches

Why 12? While versitile (gripping square heads, etc) how do 12 points help you break loose bolts? 6 point should be stronger. Kinda thought that's why you mentioned item D. Fill me in.

Status
Not open for further replies.