Thanks for the add

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums as well.
What color is it? Got a photo of your 06 Renegade?

Christopher Schmaus

Reaction score
The Liberty is my daily driver so not looking to go too nuts. 2 1/2 spacer lift and a little larger tires for now. It needs a clock spring and I'm looking to do armor as she doesn't have any. I want to get a gas tank skid first.

No you can't borrow it ;-)

It's a goldish color and I can't load a picture as the "file is too large"

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, Spacers are no good. Take some time and do some reading on this site. If you want cheap, sure Spacers, but you get what you pay for.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Be carefull installing a new clockspring. The factory service manual has an error advising one extra turn before installation, don't do that. Just point the wheels straight ahead and center the clockspring by gently counting turns.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The Liberty is my daily driver so not looking to go too nuts. 2 1/2 spacer lift and a little larger tires for now. It needs a clock spring and I'm looking to do armor as she doesn't have any. I want to get a gas tank skid first.

No you can't borrow it ;-)

It's a goldish color and I can't load a picture as the "file is too large"
If you go spacer lift you will end up with lots of worn out front suspension parts in no time
Do it right the first time and be done
Then if going much larger than a 30 inch tire, going to 4.10 gearing helps a ton as far as power and mileage
engine, transmission first skids first , they are mostly what hits first thing
If you want a gas tank skid get a Kilby, stocker are just thin metal

Christopher Schmaus

Reaction score
If you go spacer lift you will end up with lots of worn out front suspension parts in no time
Do it right the first time and be done
Then if going much larger than a 30 inch tire, going to 4.10 gearing helps a ton as far as power and mileage
engine, transmission first skids first , they are mostly what hits first thing
If you want a gas tank skid get a Kilby, stocker are just thin metal
Is Kilby still around?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just installed a Skid Row Off Road Gas Tank Skid Plate couple of weeks ago for a customer Part number - JP-4002, I think was the number
It was not a one piece like a Kilby but was bolt together and strong, much better than stock
I run a Skid row engine and transmission skid on one of mine ( the 03 ) they are really good IMO
I am even on or was at one time on their fakebook page when I pictured their engine skid with JBAs front bumper skid bolted together

Your other skid plates ( engine, transmission etc are much more important than the gas tank one