TB Size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tws2823

Reaction score
What size is the TB on the 2004 ,3.7L engine wonder if it will handle a 70mm from Bruce at B&K,I did install the IAT box and I guess i'll talk to Marty at KRC about reworking the cams.

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice dropping of names no one knows \:D/

if your going to drop that kinda $$ though start with the headers - most restrictive part of the whole system....

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, I have no idea what he is talking about... :-k

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he is asking about upgrading the size of the TB (throtle body) so that the new one is 70mm large (size of opening), and he is going to speak to some guy about getting a different set of cams made. As for what a IAT box is, got me.

But like I said, the biggest issue is still the headers. It wont matter how much air you can suck with a larger TB and different lift cams if you cant get rid of it quick enough....

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing all that up...it was greek to me before...now I at least know what he is talking about =D>

tws2823

Reaction score
IAT

The IAT box changes the input to the PCM to make the Vehicle run rich,If it 100+ deg. outside you can set the box to make the PCM think it's 75 deg.
I have a 68mm and 70mm TB for a 2001 4.7L,We found the restriction to be in the cats and exhaust on that engine and not the exhaust manifolds,As you know one can't bump up the timing on the 3.7 without a PCM mod,But F.A.S.T and Roe Racing along with B&G have ways to mod the PCM.
You can go to KRC Performance home page and look at my Dyno run (4.7L)with and with out Headers,(JBA Headers),We also made a custon intake manifold for the 4.7,They say the 3.7L is a cut down of the 4.7.
For 2005 Jeep made changes to the heads,Lash Caps.