Tap Into PCI Bus/OTIS Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nogoldformarfa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats up guys. I got an OTIS console off craigslist this weekend and I have hooked it all up in my 07 limited.

Everything turns on I am getting a compass reading and all that but when I press any button it makes a chime sound. I am not sure that is normal

I have traced the issue to the data link connector and I think what has happened is I have tapped into the wrong wire for the PCI Bus. This data link diagram is from the Installing an OTIS article that was great for every other part of this

You must be registered for see images attach

My data link connector does not have the same wire colors as the one article everyone always references.

My Data Link:
You must be registered for see images attach

This is my connector and the corresponding wires. Is anyone that has done this on an 07 aware of a wiring diagram or can let me know the real wire color for the PCI BUS?

Conundrum2006

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn’t read the whole article, however what I wonder is being a 2007 does this option need to be enabled via the Star system? The proprietary software the dealer uses. I know for the Jeep fog light kit on the commander the dealer has to turn on the option for the body computer to allow the switch to work. I might be completely wrong about this for the KJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If memory serves the 07 has a weird hybrid PCI/CAN setup.

nogoldformarfa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If memory serves the 07 has a weird hybrid PCI/CAN setup.

So this is like the second time I have heard this. I wish there were some way to get a wiring diagram specific for the 07 without paying hundreds of dollars for the 07 specific service manual.

My new idea is to tap into the PCI bus wire that runs to the radio but who knows if the 06 diagrams are accurate for that either

Anybody with an 07 that has done this? Can anyone confirm that their Otis makes a chime when you press a button?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk