Taller scissor jack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good day all, I noticed the other day that the scissor jack that came with the Liberty will no longer lift my jeep high enough to change the tire due to the JBA 2.5 and 245-75-16 wheels. I recall somewhere on here someone mentioned swapping with a full size pickup jack. Does anyone have recall this or have any recommendations? Trying to keep it simple so my daughter can swap out a tire if she needs too.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Good day all, I noticed the other day that the scissor jack that came with the Liberty will no longer lift my jeep high enough to change the tire due to the JBA 2.5 and 245-75-16 wheels. I recall somewhere on here someone mentioned swapping with a full size pickup jack. Does anyone have recall this or have any recommendations? Trying to keep it simple so my daughter can swap out a tire if she needs too.

Cheers!

I still could lift my 04 with stock jack, 4.25 inch lift and 32s
??? Where are you trying to use it at ?

sdg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am using a leftover from a 10x10cm wooden beam (length is about 20cm) and have put it under the jack when I have used it to change a wheel. The piece fits perfectly over the shaft tunnel below the rear seats. Also works as a safety "stopping block" in front of a tyre when stopped on a steep incline.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score

Attachments

• hYOu9Ji.jpg
    hYOu9Ji.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 0

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still could lift my 04 with stock jack, 4.25 inch lift and 32s
??? Where are you trying to use it at ?
For the front, I put the scissor jack in the notch in the body per the manual. I'll double check next weekend but it seemed close last time I used it. I have been using a floor jack recently so it hasn't been an issue.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
For the front, I put the scissor jack in the notch in the body per the manual. I'll double check next weekend but it seemed close last time I used it. I have been using a floor jack recently so it hasn't been an issue.

Never paid any attention to the manual, after lifting they work under the front control arms, rear under lower shock mount.
Of course with 3 floor jacks in the garage never use the stock jack

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never paid any attention to the manual, after lifting they work under the front control arms, rear under lower shock mount.
Of course with 3 floor jacks in the garage never use the stock jack
Great! I'll try that and show my daughter. Will she ever really use it? I doubt it but it gives me some peace of mind if I at least show her.

J33Pfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
awww dont let her have to change a flat! Just get her AAA like I did!

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
awww dont let her have to change a flat! Just get her AAA like I did!
We have roadside assistance so she will never have to change a tire. She would feel more confident knowing she can [emoji6]

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still use the stock bottle jack and a piece of 1'x1'x2" block of wood under it to change my 265/70/17s offroad. I just jack from under the a-arm or the rear axle like Tom said. If on the street I don't need to use the wood.

Latest posts

Members online