Taking Delivery of my First KJ on Monday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McCloudsZJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Long time Jeep owner, first time KJ owner. I'm on a couple (dozen) forums with the same screen name. I just bought this thing yesterday and started to panic when I couldn't find a single technical forum that had anything... technical.

Little bit of history and shameless picture posting... I've been a huge Muscle car fan my whole life. A couple stupid accidents when I was younger and now I have arthritis so bad that sitting in a low to the ground sports car is painful. Motorcycles are out completely. That's how I found my first Jeep.

2003 WJ 4.7 with 1" coil spacers, 245/75 meats, 3" mandrel bent exhaust all the way back from the merge, tinted head and tail lights, HID spot lights, Plastidipped wheels, a K&N intake, and about 3000WRMS in the trunk.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sold that one to get one with a little more pep. A 1998 Grand Cherokee 5.9. Hands down favorite Jeep ever. The real RaceJeep. This one was got lowered 2.5" front 2" rear, big sway bars, poly bushings, a bored TB, custom intake hat, full 3" exhaust, and thousands of dollars of other little go-fast parts. It hit 0-60 in just under 6 seconds and ate Foxbody Mustangs for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

The wife drove that for a day after her Hyundai vomited the clutch slave cylinder all over the middle of an intersection. A week later, we picked up Princess, a 1996 Grand 5.2. She got some pink stuff, a 2" BB, and 245/75r16s.

I sold my first niner and bought my Great White Buffalo. A 1998 5.9 in perfect condition inside and out that came with $10,000 in restoration receipts from the PO. Rebuilt from top to bottom, front to back, inside and out. She's the new RaceJeep. Goal is a 12 second quarter mile grocery getter.

And this is the latest addition. Princess is retiring from DD duty and is going to take the roll of camping/hiking/mountainbiking/dog-hauling rig. This is Cinnamon. 2002 KJ sport, 110,000 miles, 3.7/242 combo. Still waiting on a build sheet to see if it was built "pre-lower". Wife wants a lift, ATs, the Renegade lights, and subwoofers. She also want's it as capable offroad as the ZJ, but I'm apprehensive about the IFS and the baby engine.

Anyway, you'll probably be seeing a lot of me around here. Lotsa stupid questions to follow. :BANANA:

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome, and nice roundup of toys.
Wait, you have arthritis at age 23? Or are your stats lying about your age?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice jeeps. You'll like the KJ, IFS and all. Welcome to the forum.

Dave

McCloudsZJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks. Again!

Welcome, and nice roundup of toys.
Wait, you have arthritis at age 23? Or are your stats lying about your age?

Thanks. Yup. Im 23 and take arthritis medicine. Couple broken bones, couple surgeries, couple torn ligaments, couple concussions.... Between skateboarding, downhill mountain-biking, and motorcycles I now have the joints of a 90 year old. But after the last couple accidents I got fat and lazy, so no more silly stuff.

Nice jeeps. You'll like the KJ, IFS and all. Welcome to the forum.

Dave

Thanks. The more I read, the more optimistic I am about it.

Welcome. I'm not a huge fan of red, but I like it on that KJ. It looks decent.

The red engine was a little... Juvenile. But fun. I like it on the KJ.

Sent from my iPhone 6

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait you have a wife at 23? I'm 22. No freaking way in hell. :idiot: :burnout:

Just playin :) Welcome!

And don't be apprehensive about it. The little motor packs plenty of punch (more than the 4-slow in my opinion) and the IFS is extremely capable with a small lift.

McCloudsZJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait you have a wife at 23? I'm 22. No freaking way in hell. :idiot: :burnout:

Just playin :) Welcome!

And don't be apprehensive about it. The little motor packs plenty of punch (more than the 4-slow in my opinion) and the IFS is extremely capable with a small lift.

Most of friends call us "Mom and Dad." We're married, have a nice place to live, half-decent careers, and four college degrees between the two of us (ok, only one is mine... She's a lot smarter than I am).

I'm not sure I'd say the 3.7 has punch. But I'm used to the 5.9. I don't think there's an intersection in town I haven't laid down some rubber. It's definitely more peppy than the 4.slow tractor engine though.

Sent from my iPhone 6

Latest posts

Members online