Tailgate help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aaronjmartin

Reaction score
Hello, just recently fixed my glass tailgate (it wasn't latching, and closing)
But now when I try to open the door, the glass tailgate does not open, it stays latched to the door. The only way for me to have the glass door open up, is using the key...and then opening up the bottom door
Anything helps. Thanks.

Rich75043

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when you pull on the tailgate handle you should hear the electric latch solenoid cycle. if you don't hear that then you have a good starting point. check all your fuses, wiring, plugs to the solenoid etc.

Last edited:

Aztimer2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to use my key to open the rear glass. I tried to open my tailgate by just pulling the handle to open the door and tailgate at the same time. Then I couldn’t close the glass properly. So use your key to open the glass first then pull the tailgate open. It worked for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Small microswitch held on by a rusty clip on the tailgate handle releases the glass as you pull the handle. Switch was about $12.00. Handle assembly with new switch and rusty clip about $230.00.

Access from inside through the tiny plastic "hatch" if you're amazing or the whole panel comes off and then you can see.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Small microswitch held on by a rusty clip on the tailgate handle releases the glass as you pull the handle. Switch was about $12.00. Handle assembly with new switch and rusty clip about $230.00.

How much for just the rusty clip? :happy175: