Tackling the code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For awhile now ive had the common p0420 code. I took It to the dealer last week for its recall and they said they didn't find any codes. So I conmected my scan tool, code was stored. Cleared it. Heres some diagnostic data. Basically, what am I looking for here
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1st pics do not help at all for that code(along with it's sister code P0430).You must watch the live data for B1S1 and B1S2,if they follow each other you have a bad cat.This of course after you thrash the KJ for a good 20-30mins to get those cats hot.

If the cat's ability to make oxygen is gone the cat will not do it's job and hence the downstream sensor "switching" the same as the up-stream.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1st pics do not help at all for that code(along with it's sister code P0430).You must watch the live data for B1S1 and B1S2,if they follow each other you have a bad cat.This of course after you thrash the KJ for a good 20-30mins to get those cats hot.

If the cat's ability to make oxygen is gone the cat will not do it's job and hence the downstream sensor "switching" the same as the up-stream.
B1S1 AND B1S2 are there. I drive the jeep for about a half hour home from work and let it idle for like 10 minutes

Sent from my SM-N930P using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.