Sye???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJJosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever since I lifted the Jeep I have noticed a rumble from 45 - 50 after 50 it goes away. It does it with or without OD..

While the dealer was changing the oil, diff fluids, and t-case fluid I had them look at the rumble. They came back saying the angle if the rear drive shaft is to great and said I need to look into an SYE and new drive shaft.

Has anyone else had to do an SYE on there KJ and does this sound correct?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No need for a SYE on a KJ till your over the 4" mark and then it's only for the fact that the slip yoke is not engaged enough for safe operation when fully flexing.

I'd be looking at replacing the rear u-joints with quality u-joints,Spicer is the best and fairly cheap,and having the driveshaft re-balanced.Greaseable u-joints do require greasing very often,a fact that many just don't understand.

KJJosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer u-joints are spicer correct??? both were replaced by dealer about 1K ago due to them leaking (T-case side was worse then diff side)