Swing Gate Wont Open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miguel

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know what could i do if my liberty's 2006 swing gate wont open? the window does, i've checked all the fuses and they are ok, what else can i do?

Thanks

Miguel

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wellll, as a 2006, you can take it to the dealer under warranty... Aside from removing the rear trim panel, assuming it can be done easily with the door closed, I don't see any way for you to release the latch and get the swing gate open. Even if you get the panel off, it may not be possible to get a screwdriver in there and force the latch. Just have to see what the access openings look like once it is off since I have never taken mine off with the door stuck closed with the intention of popping the latch.

Miguel

Reaction score
I dd remove the rear trim panel, but i couldn't find access to the latch, i'll look harder and try the screwdriver thing, it's not under warranty anymore, in our country we only get 18 months warranty and i bought it on 2005, model 2006 so i'm screwed, thanks for the advice anyway i'll let you know what happened.

Miguel