Survival Straps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really an eBay link, but I stumbled across this site the other day and ordered myself one. I like the idea and the material - the items look damn cool too. Plus, part of the profits go to the Wounded Warrior Project. usa.gif

http://www.survivalstraps.com/

The best part? If you use it for an emergency, they'll replace it for free.

up to 24' of military spec 550# paracord

Check it out!

Midgear

Reaction score
I dont mean to sound stupid, and not dissing the product in any way, but what the hell are they for? cosmetics?

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont mean to sound stupid, and not dissing the product in any way, but what the hell are they for? cosmetics?

Mostly just for wear - a lot of soldiers that I know use their rifle slings because it's light weight. Plus, they give a lot of their profit to WWP, which I'm all for.

SETexasLibby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This looks like a product I might be using/slash issuing to some of my craftsmen as we work on high rises and a dropped tool could be catastrophic. We use tool lanyards now but they only have 6lb ratings. Although the "germ grenade" made me lol. :cool:

willy88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, "550" stands for how many pounds it can hold. Believe it or not, ive made a hammock out of two strands b4. wasnt the most comfortable thing, but if u kno your knots, u can do a lot with 24' feet.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is cool. Thanks Clyde for posting the link. I'm going to spread it around at work. There's about 100 pers from 4 Wing Cold Lake deployed in Asscrackistan at any time. I'd like to see some of this stuff around the Squadron.

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I might get a collar for my dog....in black, blue, or red...probably blue...

Latest posts

Members online