Sunroof Switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTKross

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My sunroof switch has finally died and I need a new one for my 2004 Libby.

When looking for a new switch I noticed that the switch that says it works for the 04 is $65 where you can pick a switch up for a 05-07 for only $15. What the heck! Lol

So is the 05-07 the same connector as on the 04? They look pretty much identical otherwise.

Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
The connector is different. I have a sunroof in my 05 and 02. Both stutter a bit and I've been blaming the switch so I've just looked into this. The 05 is really bad so I was thinking of swapping them and found you cannot.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The connector is different. I have a sunroof in my 05 and 02. Both stutter a bit and I've been blaming the switch so I've just looked into this. The 05 is really bad so I was thinking of swapping them and found you cannot.

ugh..... didn't think that switch would be an issue.
Have you tried cleaning up all the rails and lubing them?

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
ugh..... didn't think that switch would be an issue.
Have you tried cleaning up all the rails and lubing them?

Tried that on the 02 and it didn't help. I will try it on the 05 but there seems to be plenty of good grease on the rails. Nothing looks dirty but have a feeling I may have been the first person to try it ever. I only tried it once last week.Opens ok but closing took some effort. I really don't use it very often especially during the pollen season around here :gr_grin:

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tend to not use mine too much either.
I sometime hear the plastic scraping sound when raising the rear of roof so it just vents.
I use some GLCI grease I have on the rails but doesn't seem to help.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine sound fine (both of them) but they stutter now and then. No unusual noises. When it stutters or stops there is no motor noise or anything. One reason I don't think it is the track is that it does it sometimes when I try to close the roof from the vent position and it isn't really traveling on the tracks much. I still plan on checking it out for crud but it looks pristine in there and the grease is greasy.

Latest posts

Members online