sunroof stuck open

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dimetry

Reaction score
i have a sunroof stuck open. used the "auto" function to let the sunroof open all the way on its own. I think it pulled the headliner portion too far back, got jammed, and is now preventing the sunroof from closing. at least thats what i think is happening. When pressing the sunroof button, i can hear a click but no movement. I tried pulling the headliner shut but it does not budge. Has anyone had the same problem? any suggestions how to fix it? thank you

Kasmir Jones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
best bet is to put power to the motor to close it for now. The issues im having with mine are different. My fuse keeps blowing. I think I tracked it down to the sunroof control module. I haven't messed with it in a while.

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that every car that I have had with a factory sunroof had a way to close the sunroof manually in the event of a failure (with an allen wrench, etc.) does the KJ not have this option?

dimetry

Reaction score
i am still trying to figure out how to close the sunroof manually. The window seems to be stuck solid, i tried pulling and it doesnt even budge. I still think the headliner portion of the sunroof is whats causing the problem, it just looks like its further back than i have seen.

Last edited:

Kasmir Jones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cut the cig lighter power cord from an old portable air compressor. I unplugged the harness to the sunroof motor.Plug in the power cord to the back outlet. Attach the cut wires to the sunroof motor. Have someone hit the switch. This will close the roof or tell you if the motor is blown.